Existing Member?

Sabaidee World and Nihao China SHANTOU LIFE

Taxi at Shantou Airport

CHINA | Tuesday, 21 December 2010 | Views [968]

I 'm surprised that shantou transportation or Taxi management has a bit improvement . if you have been to Airport in shantou and want to take the taxi to the town, the taxi would ask you at least 50 renminbi without using the Taxi meter and the taxi never take a passenger .they must take at least two people

and then go!

I just came back from Wuhan few days ago ,I arrived at shantou airport was quite late,(23:30), the weather was freezing ,the temperature was nearly 5 Celsius . At the taxi station ,I was surprised to see a police official who was trying to manage and control the taxi drivers and ordered them to Use the taxi meter and take the passenger without asking the high price. I asked to get in many taxies  unfortunately ,there were no any taxi's want to take a passenger like me, because they wouldn't earn much just to take a person .

at the same time  the police told me and other guests that just to get in the car and stay inside until the driver goes. it's good to have a police there anyway, otherwise the taxi drivers just ignored and do whatever they wanted.

A few minutes later,I got in a taxi and the driver didn't turn on the meter and he asked 40 yuan from AP to the central town. I just didn't want any Complains and just paid them, that's all.

the Management of Taxi in shantou is Messy, We take everyday and most of them never use the taxi meter and they ask the price for whatever they want.Most of the taxi are very old.

sometimes if the govt is strict to them, the taxi drivers go on strike . it's so bad when all the taxi go on strike. We can't reach the office. however I am looking forward to seeing a big change in Taxi and many things in shantou.

Updated:

even thought the police work hard on reform the regulation and force the taxi company to follow the regulation of transportation in china, the most of taxi drivers in the airport remain in the same attitude .the drivers never use the meter and start to say the price whatever they want.

Why is it never change?

the driver complains the government that, the starting price is still low and taxi driver can't survivor with such an expensive expenses and fuel price, however as the guest I am still looking forward to seeing a new change of Shantou taxi before I leave this place. 

Ganxie,shantou Jiangtong Jingcha for your workhard.

Tags: shantou taxi

About jay2008


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.