Existing Member?

Ania & Jason's Adventures

From Bangkok to Chiang Mai

THAILAND | Wednesday, 20 September 2017 | Views [406]

Not too much to report from today as we spent the morning in Bangkok before getting a flight onto Chiang Mai in the afternoon.

 

Weather again is hot and sunny- the weather forecast keeps telling us it should be raining but we haven't seen any of it yet! I think for once we're actually hoping it would rain!

 

This morning we had time to walk along to one of the parks in Bangkok called Dusit Park where the Royal Family live. After alot more sweating (we clearly still haven't yet acclimatised to the heat) we made our way back to the hotel before getting the train back to Bangkok airport.

 

Our flight was at 5:20pm and we arrived into Chiang Mai just after 6:30pm and got a taxi to our hotel (at the Grand cost of £4).

 

The hotel itself is very cool even though it's small with only 19 rooms and doesn't have a front door or a roof (well except for the rooms)! Definitely different to anywhere we've stayed before!

 

We went out for a walk to get our bearings and it's fair to say the city is the opposite of Bangkok- it's much more calm and peaceful!

 

We stopped at a bar on the way back and got some drink and desert (flaming banana fritters)!

 

We'be added some photos to both the Bangkok and Chiang Mai albums.

 

Tomorrow the plan is to explore Chiang Mai and to visit some more temples (no we're not sick of seeing them yet)!

View after take-off from Bangkok

View after take-off from Bangkok

 

About jasonmarshall22


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.