Existing Member?

Ania & Jason's Adventures

Arrival in Bangkok

THAILAND | Monday, 18 September 2017 | Views [378]

Today we arrived in Bangkok. Our flight arrived at around 7:30am so we were very happy when the hotel let us check in at 9am as we were able to catch up on some of the sleep we missed whilst on the plane.

 

After our morning nap we went out to explore Bangkok. The weather here is also pretty warm but compared to Qatar it's a lot more bearable. There were a few spits of rain when we first went out but that passed and although it was overcast it was dry the rest of the day- pretty perfect actually!

 

We didn't really have much of a plan or schedule for today as we didn't expect we'd get to check in so early so we just did some wandering through the streets to get an idea of what life in Bangkok is like.

 

It's fair to say the roads were pretty busy and a bit crazy- we've seen one accident already! We are definitely being cautious even when the man is green!

 

We walked through Siam Square where a lot of the shops are located (and again enjoyed the air-conditioning) and then walked along the skywalk that follows the railway line.

 

While on the skywalk we were able to watch down at the Hindu Erawan Shrine where people were laying flowers on the rails and tables around the shrine. There were also some traditional Thai dancers and traditional music being played. It was pretty fascinating to watch- that was until they came round with some green wheely bins and scooped all the flowers into them- it kinda ruined the moment a bit!

 

We then walked along the street in search of somewhere to watch the F1 and to grab some food. We found a sports bar that was showing it so we were happy! That was until the Ferraris ran into each other! It's fair to say that ruined Ania's day. Let's hope for a better result in Malaysia!

 

To finish the night we decided to go see one of the all night markets- after a bit of a trek we found them- although let's just say we found more than the markets so we didn't hang around! Bangkok lives up to its reputation it seems!

 

Again we've added some more photos- not too many from today though.

 

Tomorrow we're planning to get up early (well in 5 and a half hours time!) to go see some temples so we'll hopefully have more photos then.

 

Ania at the Erawan Shrine

Ania at the Erawan Shrine

 

About jasonmarshall22


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.