Existing Member?

Ania & Jason's Adventures

Qatar Heat

QATAR | Sunday, 17 September 2017 | Views [372]

We're currently waiting for our baggage at Bangkok airport after our overnight flight. We planned to post another update yesterday but the website was down.

 

Got into Doha yesterday evening and I think we slowly melted as we got off the plane. We knew it was gonna be hot but we still weren't prepared enough- don't think either of us have been anywhere as hot as this before.

 

On Friday evening we didn't venture out of the hotel so we grabbed some food at the hotel and got an early night to prepare us for today!

 

Yesterday morning we got up early and got a taxi into town. The plan was to walk along the Corniche (promenade) to the Museum of Islamic Arts but literally 5mins after walking outside I realised that my shirt wasn't going to cope with the gallons of sweat I was producing so a change was needed. Unfortunately, when the trousers started to give up about 10mins later I didn't have any spares to turn to and Ania enjoyed continually pointing out that it looked like I'd wet myself!

 

We finally made it to the Museum of Islamic Arts and got some pictures outside- the building was pretty impressive! Although we're clearly big fans of Islamic Art, we decided not to see inside so instead headed back along to the promenade to visit the Souq (market).

 

After wandering past shop after shop selling pashminas and a few selling budgies we boarded the Doha Hop-on-Hop-off bus. Not the most cultured way to see a city but our only option as they're still constructing the metro and it was too far to walk in the heat!

 

The tour took us to 'The Pearl' which is a luxury man-made island where the rich and famous of Qatar live and store their yachts and where Ania did some Ferrari shopping!

 

After a stop and some food at the air conditioned shopping mall, we made our way back to the hotel to collect our bags and to await our transfer to the airport.

 

See our photo galleries for some photos from Doha.

 

Now to explore Bangkok...

At the Museum of Islamic Arts

At the Museum of Islamic Arts

 

About jasonmarshall22


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Qatar

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.