Existing Member?

Wandering for Wisdom

Escape from Society

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 8 September 2015 | Views [192] | Scholarship Entry

Frozen and hypnotised, words were Impossible, time was meaningless. I was fully aware that the western world was almost extra-terrestrial. My presence here was certainly alien... but somehow I had become intrinsically entwined within it.

I was brought back to earth by the distant calls of an initiation ceremony. The harmonious song of a tribal elder reverberated effortlessly through the dark forested valley. I rubbed my neck, sore and tense from craning skyward, there was something almost Hollywood playing out in the heavens above, a surging band of luminosity blazed across the skies, a prettier patch of planet earth it would be difficult to find.

I'm Jamie, a tour guide by trade, but an explorer who has the habit of venturing off the beaten track. I was raised In London by deaf parents, they taught me the value of bridging the gap between different cultures.

I have spent years acquiring a unique cultural education around the world. I am fascinated by indigenous cultures, in Australia I lived with Aboriginal people in the remotest regions of the Outback. They taught me how to make spears and find water... but mostly, about the treasures of life.

I want to win the scholarship because I I am an aspiring filmmaker/journalist who wants to inspire people to step outside of their comfort zone, I have a burning desire to make a lasting difference In the world and this opportunity will be an indescribable experience to help me facilitate the journey for change.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About jamiedavid7

Cruising alongside a symbol of Aboriginal antiquity

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.