Existing Member?

Our Travels

Koh Phi Phi

THAILAND | Thursday, 24 May 2007 | Views [16934] | Comments [2]

The water looks even better being there.

The water looks even better being there.

Well, after getting the dates correct on our tickets we headed off to Koh Phi Phi.
We caught the charter boat over from Phuket for a day trip. We had met some others on the boat that had booked in for a tour and snorkeling day for 100 baht extra then what we paid. So we weren’t happy that we didn't find the tour. However it turned out better for us anyways.

We had arrived at the island and had a walk around, IT WAS SO HOT!
Heads of the Islanders were asking us if we wanted to hire a boat to go and look around the islands. The starting price was 1200 baht which we weren’t prepared to pay because the other tour we had heard about was so cheap. We kept walking around and the price kept coming down from each person we asked, 1000 to 900 to 800 baht. So Candice being the heard barter got the price to 800 but was trying to see if she could get it lower. Although he wasn't budging and we settled for 800 baht.

The guy took us out to Phi Phi Leh Island in a long boat (old wooden boat), for a private ride. It was so amazing, as you can see in the photos. He took us to all the little beaches around the island and told us which one was which.
Candice was really excited when we went to Maya Bay, where THE BEACH was filmed. It was another money maker where they charge you 200 baht each to step on the beach because it is now a "National Park" area.
It was an amazing area, the mountain cliffs are so high in the air and your swimming in the heart of it. We also snorkeled there and saw some fish from "Finding Nemo".

After we had finished swimming we caught our little long boat back to the beach where we went through a bit of rough seas to get back, it was heaps of fun.

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

I have been to Ko Phi Phi as well, and it really piss me off to see how there are people in this world that comes from developed countries with better and more opportunities in life and are so bloody mean and think that paying 200 bath is a lot of money. Don't be so miserly and tied, this people are trying make a life.. would you like people to be in that way when they go to your country where prices are really high compare with the local currency in Thailand.

  John Fernando Tunjo Jun 2, 2014 10:06 PM

2

Do you pretend to go to one of the most beautiful places on Earth and spend 5 dollars, you really make me laugh. Ko Phi Phi is extremely cheap even if you pay 1200 baths, seriously for a couple who has been to so many countries both of you are really miserable.

  John Fernando Tunjo Castillo Jun 2, 2014 10:11 PM

About jamie_candice


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.