Existing Member?

Our Travels

Chiang Mai

THAILAND | Wednesday, 30 May 2007 | Views [839] | Comments [6]

It's big and gold

It's big and gold

Well we are in Chiang Mai and it is B-E-AUTIFUL! Compared to the rest of Thailand this is the best.
It is surrounded by glorious mountains and gorgeous scenery.

We got flights with Air Asia from Phuket to Bangkok, then from Bangkok to Chiang Mai for $100 each. It was great because it meant we didn't have to go on the long train and bus ride up to Chiang Mai. However, we may be going on the train/bus back to Bangkok to leave Thailand, not sure yet.

Yesterday we went up to one of the golden temples right up in the mountains.
We also went to the Kings Palace - Phu Phing Palace...yes that's right you didn't read the name wrong! It is his seasonal residence up in the mountains and it was beautiful. It was a 2.5km hike around the whole royal grounds, with roses and plants everywhere.

We went on a tour today up to 'The Golden Triangle' this is where the three countries meet (Laos, Myanmar or Burma & Thailand). It was pretty awesome seeing 2 whole other countries just on the other side of the river. Can't see those kinds of things in Oz.

We are staying at the YMCA in Chiang Mai and it is SO CHEAP to eat. It cost us 120 Baht for three meals, so that's $4.20 each all up, so good.

We go on a Three day treking expedition tomorrow. So we stay in the mountains for two nights with the locals. We also get to ride the Elephants and go white water rafting. It sounds like fun, but Candice isn't looking forward to the sleeping arrangements. Jamie just thinks it's a camping trip with the boys!

Anyways we will let you know how we go on the trip, when we get back. Keep sending those emails and messages, we love it. 

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

Hello guys,
wow thsi Chaing Mai place sounds wonderful. It's so great you guys are getting to do this trip, just hearing about your wonderful adventures is making me get the travel bug again. The next place I will be travelling to is Mackay ... ITS THE LAST DAY OF THE ROSTER! HOME TIME .. YEY!!! There have been so many parties this roster I'm exhausted. It's time to go home and recharge. Ok must go there is work to be done. Keep up the adventures and have a great time. Love you guys and keep safe.
MWAH Kristin!

  Kristin May 31, 2007 6:35 AM

2

Hey Guys,
It's great being able to see what you guys are up to so regularly on this website, Luv It! But I'm definately in need of some photos. Not much going on in the thriving metropolis of Rock Vegas. Stocktake/End of Financial Year at work and the show is on next week. Yes, it's thrills a minute : )
Luv Yas,
Irene

  Irene May 31, 2007 10:00 AM

3

Hi there it is so wonderful to read of your adventures
Have a great time
luv mum and dad

  Pauline Stait May 31, 2007 12:39 PM

4

Hi Lovlies
Thanks for keeping us all so up to date it gives a desperate housewife something to do. So riding elephants are we AWESOME !!!!! Don't forget jamie and candice I am living vicariously through you two, so be wild and do everything there is to do. Oh, and
the bright light of Capella is rockin' YeeHa as they say out here.
Mwah

  Helen, Jake n Jordan May 31, 2007 5:53 PM

5

Hello Wild Adventurers,
Elephants hey not bad. Nothing happening here. Go the Gool!! I, like Helen am living through you two so keep it up and post some photos (including funny captions) for us all to see.
God I hope you both have so much fun over there I'm so jealous... but happy for you.
Big Stita

  CONI May 31, 2007 7:45 PM

6

Hi,
We have just arrived home from Barcaldine where I stayed with Lois and Jeff whilst your Dad went off to the boarder of Qld and the NT to do a cattle Audit...yes not elephants althought we went to a property this morning which had a potty camel on it.
They run 1500 head of breeders and the property is only 25,000 acres they own another in Jerhico towards Barcy which is 47,000 acres...tiny compared to LYNdayle HEY!! Sounds like you two have finally arrived at the real Thailand !! enjoy this is what you have been waiting for...Luv Mum

  Lyndale Connection Jun 1, 2007 8:36 PM

About jamie_candice


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.