Existing Member?

Cruising the world

The Ritz

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 4 April 2010 | Views [225]

Today we celebrated our first wedding anniversary. Despite our Eurodisney trip being our anniversary gift to each other, I was very surprised and excited to receive a voucher for a High Tea at The Ritz from James.

We dressed up (James had to wear a jacket and tie) and caught the tube into Green Park. We had a few strange looks; as it isn’t often James and I more dressed up than those around us!

The Ritz was beautiful on the inside, with grand hallways and elegant furnishings. There were beautiful decorations on the walls, and jewellery for sale also.  When we were seated we were presented with some Easter chocolates (inside a cardboard top hat!) and a glass of champagne.  They brought out a three tiered stand, with sandwiches, scones with jam and cream and pastries. All very yummy and we even had seconds (hey, it’s a once in a life time opportunity). I had a selection of teas to choose from, which was brought out in a silver teapot- quite possibly the only time in my life I will drink from such a flash teapot!

What topped it off for us was the Pianist. She was able to play any song without a song sheet-impressive. We were able to request a song, so we requested our wedding dance song-You raise me up, and also Your song, by Elton John and were pleased that both were played.

It was such a lovely experience and we had a great 1st anniversary.

About jamesandjulie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.