Existing Member?

Backpacking Solo

Darling Harbour & Botanical Gardens

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 21 October 2005 | Views [718]

Another feet killin day!!!!

I can actually feel my feet throbing as im sittin here typing this, were do I begin with 2day???

I'll start with lastnite.....went to china town with the girls for dinner, my eyes were alot bigger than my belly, ordered this food and wen it came, it cud have fed about 3 people, and I cudnt finish by a long way. On the way back I bought some goon (wine in other words) nice 4 litre box, went bk to the dorm and dossed about in the dorm with mike, alex, sophie, sadie and pete, we watched achor man and started gettin drunk, such a funny film :D a fair few mugs of goon later and we went out bout 11ish I reckon, went to scu-bar for a few then onto kings x hotel for indi nite....was mint, had a wicked time, although some prat cudnt keep his sambuca in his gob and thought it wud be better on my shoulder...all in all great nite. When we got back we stole all the been bags from the movie room and crashed out on them in the dorm...its really wiered going out with a bunch of people that you dont really know from england and havin a laugh with them and crashin with and talkin general crap with, in the sense that back in england it would never happen??? now heres the bit i cant get my head round.....WE'RE ALL ENGLISH!!! so wots changed in people? it must be sumthin in the ozzy air that converts brits from bein apprehensive and stand-offish to friendly and welcoming....not a bad thing at all but abit wiered when you think about it too much!

Anyway woke up, with very sore head, im sure its because were forced to drink lager cus spirits r to god damn expensive, but got up, got some toast and cereal, made every1 a cuppa. We had to clear the floor today as the cleaners were comin round, the place actually didnt look that bad wen the floor was tidy hahahaha not for long.

Went out and bought some cammo pants (not cammo underpants) then I trekked on to darling harbour (close to chine town) were upon sittin down for 2mins i narrowly avoided bein crapped on by a seagull...by now the clouds had cleared and the sun was out in blazin force, lovely jubby :) sat down for abit and soaked abit of the old current bun up. Carried on trekkin towards the botanical gardens, I was told its were all the bats hang out (no pun intended I promise) i got to the gates and i nearly didnt go in cus the smell of sh!t was that strong, but I braved it and went in, luckily it didnt last long, so I amelessy started wonderin round the gardens, its a massive place, again quite strange, cus the city/high rise buildings stop, then this tropical garden starts, I imagine it how central park is in new york. In the garden they have got a mini tropical rain forest, and as soon as you step foot into it, its so refreshing, cool, damp, the air tastes clean and above your heads are about 10million bats, squarking and messin about, quite amusing to watch them :) Had a walk around this other place....cant think wot its called, like a massive green house, loads of plants from all of the world that live in silly places like up 20,000 ft mountains etc. Any 0121'd outta there and made my way over to the other side of the opera house, but I stopped on route for a 30min lydown in the sun, wished I hadnt, think ive been bit by some little creepy crawlies in the grass!!!

Got to the opera house, and I know yesterday I said it looked kinda dirty, well I take it back, I think it was becus of the weather that it looked dirty, cus in the sunshine its looks magnificent and its HHHHUUUUAAAAGGGEEE!!! cudnt get over the size of it, took plenty of snaps (will try upload them 2moro, im in cafe were I cant connect my camera at the min)

Gonna sign off in a sec, feelin tiered and hungry, and still got abit of trek bk to the hostel....ohhh checked out about flyin up to cairns on sunday $169 and to get a buss pass to get me bk along the east coast is about the same, thinkin i mite try and get bk to sydney for early/mid december when it really gettin hot, maybe even get a job for abit :-S who knows!


<22/10/05> Hey I almost forgot, as I was walking up Pitt Street yesterday I came across Rowe Street, not a very big street but its still there :)

Speak to you in abit :)

Tags: Sightseeing

About james


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.