Existing Member?

Crockett Roadtrip

Bull Run Battlefield

USA | Saturday, 12 July 2008 | Views [309]

Crockett Road
Trip – July 11, 2008

 

Not a whole lot to write about today because we spent most of the day in the car on the way from Manassas, Virginia to Knoxville, Tennessee.  We got the morning off to a good start by visiting the Bull Run (the Yankees call it Manassas) Battlefield.  Again we made it to the visitors’ center and checked out the museum and displays there.  We walked over a small part of the battlefield and took some pictures.  I really liked visiting this particular battlefield because the Confederates won not ONE BUT TWO BATTLES THERE.  Also, it is the place where Stonewall Jackson got his moniker.  There is a huge statue of Jackson there as you can see if you check out the pictures.  During the drive the boys caught up on their reading at D’Dad’s insistence.  More reading is scheduled for tomorrow as our journey comes to an end.  We have traveled in eight states and driven more than 1900 miles and in six days.  When we arrived at the Comfort Suites outside of Knoxville the boys took a long swim and D’Dad took a nap.  We had thought about going to a minor league baseball game, but we arrived later than expected and D’Dad was too tired to search for a ballpark.  Supper was a real treat --we ordered pizza, one each of sausage, beef, and pepperoni.  Tomorrow will be our last day; it’s been a REAL ROAD TRIP!

About jamcrocj


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.