Existing Member?

Crockett Roadtrip

Gettysburg

USA | Friday, 11 July 2008 | Views [337]

Crockett Road
Trip 2008 – July 10, Thursday

 

Gettysburg and Washington D. C.

 

We left the motel in Gettysburg at about 8 after eating breakfast.  The next five hours were spent visiting the Gettysburg Battlefield.  First we went to the new visitors’ center and saw the movie, visited the museum, and went to the bookstore and shop.  Brandon and Will bought swords and paid a ton of money for them.  Wes was more conservative keeping most of his money.  The movie and museum were GREAT.  We then went on the driving tour of the park.  There are 16 stops and we made them all – got some good pictures which I will put on the web.  My thoughts on Gettysburg are simple it is absolutely amazing what happened in that BEAUTIFUL place.  The many monuments and the cemetery tell a tale that gives you a much better appreciation of the whole war.  I think the boys enjoyed this stop on our trip better than any of the others to date.  We left Gettysburg and went to Washington D. C.  We wandered around the city a while searching for the Nationals ballpark.  When we found the ballpark and we looking for a parking place, a nice fellow gave us a parking pass for a place right across from the ballpark, save us $15.  We enjoyed 9 innings of a game between the Nationals and Diamondbacks; it was tied 2-2 after 9 innings and we left.  The Diamondbacks won 7-5 in the 11th inning.  We drove to Manassas, Va. where we are staying tonight in a Fairfield Inn.  We will probably go the Manassas Battlefield tomorrow and then head for home.  The boys and I are getting to know each other REAL WELL.

About jamcrocj


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.