Existing Member?

Walkabout 2011

Tue 1 Nov 11

USA | Wednesday, 2 November 2011 | Views [563]

This will be the last post for a couple of days as we'll be flying out tomorrow, but I'll finish up this diary, once we get home, with a resume about the flight.  I'm sure there'll be some reportable incidents, en route.

Quite a reasonable day today - I think it was warmer than the past few have been and we went for our last walk in this country (this time anyway), down to the Giant supermarket and a few other shops close by - never miss an opportunity, right ?

Marg more or less finished the packing when we got home and all the bags weigh in now at under the 23kg allowance, so we should experience no problems at the airport.  We're flying from here to Dallas/Ft Worth and then onto Brisbane where we will no doubt undergo the Custom and Quarantine checks, before heading onto Sydney and then finally, Perth. 

I've added the last fixing point to the drain pipe which removes the water from the rear downpipe and transports it to the front of the house, but without the same happening next door, I think the flooding issue will be with Leanne and Brian for some time. 

I know that most of the water is coming from Hector's place - he admitted to me that his pipe taking the water from rear to front, has several leaks.  So long as he procrastinates, the flooding will continue.

Gizmo is not well and the steroids he is on at the moment, haven't helped at all.  Hopefully, the chemo tablets (which arrived today) will fix the problem, but it will take time.  I'm sure Leanne knows that the future of her much loved dog, could be short - it's a very sad time.   

About jamag


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.