Existing Member?

Walkabout 2011

Mon 24 Oct 11

USA | Tuesday, 25 October 2011 | Views [324]

Accompanied Leanne into work this morning and were dropped off at the King St Metro, as we wanted to go to Clarendon to browse the shops there, especially Crate and Barrel and the Container Store.

When that was done (yawn), we trained back to King street and after a diversion to see if I could find a military disposals store I'd seen on the internet, which was located west along Duke St (it turned out to be not worth the effort), caught a trolley to the waterfront, where more shops were explored (double yawn).  At around 1.30pm, we rendezvoused with Leanne and headed out west along Route 7, to Sears.  There don't appear to be too many Sears stores about these days, but they're my favourite because they always have a man sized range of good quality Craftsman tools.  I was able to pick up an oil filter remover and an angled set square, both of which I'd been looking for.  Despite already having some vice grips, I would also have picked up an Irwin brand set as they are around half price here, but weight is becoming an issue and I don't really need them - do I ?

The neurologist called Leanne today, after we sent her a second request for information and she was apparently more forthcoming.  I think Leanne is feeling a little more reassured as she gets more advice and detail, on what is happening to her dog.

About jamag


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.