Existing Member?

Walkabout 2011

Sun 23 Oct 11

USA | Monday, 24 October 2011 | Views [652]

The four of us went out in the am, to a variety of shops including the old favourites Target, Giant, Trader Joe's and Home Depot.  Picked up a ceiling fan in Home Depot, which we will use to replace one which is too big and gaudy, for the room it's currently in.

Also paid a visit for a decadent lunch at Krispy Kreme.  We all ordered two Krispy Kremes each, but were forced to rethink those options when the serving wench told us it would be cheaper by the dozen.  Not needing to ponder that for long, we agreed and ordered three each.  Sat down with a cup of coffee and polished off the lot.  We were intending I think, to take them home but it really wasn't much of a challenge to scoff them, then and there. 

The evening meal was an invite to Yvette's parents' place in Woodbridge about a half hour south of Springfield.  Ed and Eileen Raslowsky are great people, who we've known for a number of years. 

Dinner was superb and the conversation was lively, as Ed is no supporter of Obama and his Liberal cronies - I learnt a little more about American politics tonight !  Ed is also a gun owner and he displayed some interestingly old pieces for us.

About jamag


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.