Existing Member?

Walkabout 2011

Tue 27 Sep 11

USA | Thursday, 29 September 2011 | Views [227]

As it is only a week now before we drive north to Hershey for the car show, I thought I'd better confirm that the phone call I made to the Avis mob at the Holiday Inn, did actually go through to the rental schedule.  So, with that in mind I walked down along Backlick and Amherst Roads to the Holiday Inn, where I found they were in the midst of a crisis - the place was inundated and there were numerous big bins through the lobby, placed to catch leaks which seemed to have originated in the automatic sprinkler piping.

Several "workers" were in evidence but not doing much, apart from talking of how to get to Baltimore and which roads were best to take.  It was deja vu with the attendant at Avis - she wasn't there when I arrived, but did turn up about 10 minutes later.  I wasn't too worried, it was fascinating watching the drips and the "workers" as well, doing as much as they could to avoid any sort of flood mitigation work.

I was assured by the attendant that my booking was on the computer and that all would be well.  Re-assured I left, headed over to the Giant supermarket for some essentials and returned home to provide assistance when/if needed to our patient.

When Leanne returned from work, we drove over to Home Depot and picked up a Weber BBQ which will start work tomorrow night with some home made kebabs, topped off with a cheesecake special from Marg.

About jamag


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.