Existing Member?

Walkabout 2011

Mon 26 Sep 11

USA | Wednesday, 28 September 2011 | Views [371]

Didn't get out at all - we thought we'd better stay in contact, because Brian went in for his back operation today.  It was day surgery only and involved a small incision through which the medic could remove the spur from one of his spinal bones.  He returned home around 3.00pm, somewhat the worse for wear, after a successful operation.  He has coped well and is now more or less mobile but still feeling sore and slow.  He's got two weeks off work and can't drive for a period of five days, but all in all, it seems to auger well for a rapid recovery.

While Leanne and he were otherwise occupied, I gave the fast growing lawn the weed wacka treatment, ie it got more or less mowed and then finished off the reticulation on the lawn and rear garden bed, as well as fashioning a second hose joint for the remaining set of three pop up sprinklers.  The two sets of three pop ups now work quite well - it's just a mild disappointment that I couldn't get all six running off the same circuit.  

This is the plumbing:

and this is the result:

About jamag


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.