Existing Member?

Walkabout 2011

Thursday 1 Sep 11

USA | Saturday, 3 September 2011 | Views [241]

This morning we laid the pebbles and the few pavers (thirty two of them) we had left over, in the area between the retaining wall and the footpath at the rear of the house.

Once that was done and looking very pretty, we drove off to the airport to collect Leanne and Yvette who were due to arrive at around 1.00pm from Syracuse NY.  Had no trouble getting to the Ronald Reagan National Airport but as we approached the Airport on George Washington Parkway, I decided not to take the first exit to the airport, but to wait for the second.  There is no second - why did I do that ?

Once again, we ended up almost lost, going north on the GW Parkway, with no hope of turning back.  Fortunately I kept bearing left and we took a slightly differnt route to the last time we were headed north on this same road, with the result that we came across an opportunity to turn around.  Grasping this gift, we got onto the right road and managed to exit onto the Airport terminal access road with no further problems.  A little more was learned today about the urban geography of Washington/Alexandria.  I hope I don't make that mistake again, though I may do - if not here, then somewhere else.

Anyway, after collecting ourselves, we ventured into the terminals and waited for the two Syracuse travellers.  The plane arrived and it seemed everyone alighted, but no Leanne and Yvette.  After waiting some time they finally showed up - there was some delay due to appearances having to be maintained (which means that fresh makeup had to be applied after the plane landed !).  As a result of the delay, the rest of the passengers had collected their luggage and the two girls' cases were easy to spot - they we still sitting alone, on a now immobile carousel.

Yvette was collected by a friend, so we three drove back home to Springfield and a nap for Leanne, who had only managed about four hours sleep in two days.  Nonetheless she was ecstatic about the film shoot and very happy with the news that more episodes are to be filmed in two additional seasons, with Yvette as one of the four designers to be used in the new series.

About jamag


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.