Existing Member?

Walkabout 2011

Monday 15 Aug 11

USA | Wednesday, 17 August 2011 | Views [198]

Another nice day with only a hint of humidity - at least first thing in the morning.  Although Marg didn't feel up to a stroll, I decided I would walk to Home Depot and prowl the aisles there.

Having now seen a map of the area, it seemed to be only a short distance so I drew a facsimile of the map on a sheet of paper and left home around 9.30am.  I used the footbridge to cross over Backlick Road and I 395 and found myself on the eastern side of the interstate.  A few streets later I was in sight of Home Depot - it was an easy walk though the size of some of the road crossings was occasionally daunting, despite the provision of pedestrian cossings and lights. 

While I was in the vicinity I called in on Best Buy, Borders (closing down sale in progress) and part way home, JC Penney.  I thought this was a good store, ie it had a tool section, but I think I was getting confused with JC Whitney and Penney's turned out to be merely a clothing store, so of no interest to me. 

Dinner was black beans and rice - despite my preference for red meat, I was quite impressed.  It was a very tasty meal and there's leftovers !  

About jamag


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.