Existing Member?

Taking the Long Way Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.

Back to Chiang Mai

THAILAND | Monday, 20 April 2009 | Views [369]

My week at the Elephant camp wrapped up on Sunday. Abi, Lucy and I headed back to chiang Mai where Lucy caught a train to Bangkok while Abi and I checked into Thana Guesthouse where I had stayed last week (basically just cos it had a pool we could lounge in!)

Monday Abi and I decided to do an oil massage course and found it decidedly odd that our included 'pick-up and transport' meant the massage lady walked us to the bus stop and escorted us on the bus. Even more strange was that it was in her house that was no more set for a massage school than mine! It was a very funny day that was nothing at all like we had expected but the course was good I discovered there is more to giving a massage than just rubbing up and down someone's back.

It was 43C and there was no airconditioning and massage is quite hot work! Abi and i couldn't take the heat anymore and seeing as there was only the two of us in the course we decided to pull up stumps early and head back to the pool to cool off before we melted. Abi headed off later to catch the train to Bangkok.

I checked my emails later that night and received some very sad news from Karina who has been looking after my guinea pig, Zeus. He has been suffering digestions problems for a couple of months now and on Sunday became quite ill. As a result he was taken to the vet but there was nothing more he could do for Zeus and he had to be put down. It's heartbreaking to know he's gone now but he did have a long life for a piggy, I had him for 7 years. Karina and her family have buried him on their property.

I'm off to Kuala Lumpur on Wednesday to meet up with Luke then lazing on a beach with him for a week on Koh Lipe, I can't wait!

About jadepeters


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.