Existing Member?

Jack Be Nimble My excursion to the bottom half of the "other" America!

Iguazu Falls, Argentina

ARGENTINA | Friday, 30 January 2009 | Views [711]

January 30, 2009

I´ve been lazy.

Haven´t written anything for quite sometime...however, i´ve made an oath to myself that i´ll write something before checking my e-mails...in one week I will celebrate my one year anniversary in South America.  I´ve been getting e-mails from friends and family, telling me of the "hard times" back home...will I ever go back?...

The waterfalls were spectacular...the amount of water, the power, the magnitude, the force of nature...unmatched anywhere on planet Earth. 

Had an epiphany...your whole experience in a place-city-town, depends on where you´re staying!...I guess that´s completely obvious, but the thought occurred to me anyways...the hostel will determine who you meet, where you go, when you go, how you go...I´ve made friends from all over the world, and the hostel experience is quite fascinating...not all good of course, but entertaining none the less.

Tomorrow, Brazil...Sao Paulo...I´ve had to wait it out here in Argentina due to the fact that my Visa is good for only 30 days...and my flight from Brazil to Peru is on March 1st...I guess I could be stuck in worse places than Iguazu...like Downey or Phoenix.

Weather...hot, humid, off and on drizzle..."tropical"??...the mosquitos here are goddam professionals! You don´t see them and you don´t hear them, but they find you that´s for sure...ninja mosquitos??...I have some impressive bites, badges?...

Kinda nervous about Brazil, ie. Portugese...don´t speak a lick, and now, just as my Spanish is starting to come along, getting more fluent, off I go to Brazil for a month and try to comprehend a totally different sound.  Everyone says too how dangerous Brazil.  Met a kid here at the hostel from England...he got robbed twice in Rio de Janiero, an hour apart!!!...then, he confessed that he was being overtly loud, shouting with his friends in English and visited the ATM late at night...pretty much doing all the traveling "don´ts"...

Well, my oath is intact for now...I will keep up the journal from now on...

 

About jacques360


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.