Existing Member?

Daily Beauty

My Daily Community

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 5 November 2011 | Views [204]

This flower has been pulled from an unappealing background and placed into the spotlight.

This flower has been pulled from an unappealing background and placed into the spotlight.

For this project, because of a lack of transportation in the last week I've only been able to stay within my local commmunity, including my own house and backyard, I walked to the neighbouring suburb, which includes my grandmother's house and I've been taking photos continuously of my near one month old niece. What I'm doing with these photographs is trying to show my daily life and my daily community, but not by taking dead pan photographs of everything I see, I've tried to select photographs that show the beauty in these places that I see because of how close I am to them. None of these images have been edited at all, at this point in time in my photography I'm trying to go back to the movement of Straight Photography, despite using manipulations on images while I have been studying at university. Also at university, we've had it drilled into our heads to not do cliched, purely beautiful images, which is partly what I love. I don't want to make completely arty photographs that you need a degree in philosophy to understand, I want to make absolutely beautiful photographs that everyone no matter what can appreciate.

About jacquelineheldoorn

This image is beautiful, and is an object that I use everyday, but literally put into a different light it is made beautiful.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.