Existing Member?

Sister Adventures

The boat

AUSTRIA | Sunday, 5 July 2015 | Views [207]

Our boat, the My Story.

Our boat, the My Story.

Sunday July 5th

Yesterday afternoon a group of young school kids arrived from Stuttgart by skiff. They are travelling down the Danube(Danau) to Vienna. Their boats somewhat resemble a war canoe. They have packed so much gear that I am surprised that their boats don't sink. Their tents look like circus tents with no bug protection, s foreign concept to Anna and I.

Some of the girls came to talk to Anna and I because apparently they have a friend back home, Jonas, who is enamoured with Canadians. They were very funny and cute.

One of our little friends got heat stroke and the teachers left him with the slightly older students who had not idea what to do... Well momma Janet and Anna to the rescue with hydrating liquids replacing electrolytes and cool compresses. The boy looked absolutely green.

We caught the boat at 4 pm and took a nap immediately. The accommodations are fine if not a bit hot. Looks like, it will be a great voyage.

 

Tags: my story

About j-a-z

Off to catch a train. It is 36 degrees and we finally found the bike path.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Austria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.