Existing Member?

Losing Our Way Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day I can hear her breathing. --------------------------------------------------------- Arundhati Roy (Indian author, advocate, activist)

We´ll Be Back In A Month!

ECUADOR | Monday, 2 February 2009 | Views [946] | Comments [3]

Tomorrow we leave Quito and head two hours east into one of the last remaining tropical cloud forests on earth for our first volunteer stint on this journey. Miral will be spending the month working on an organic farm and Ivan will be working on forest preservation. We are staying at a station called La Hesperia -- check out more about it at http://www.lahesperia.org/ or www.jatunsacha.org Or you can check out a video about it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU6UGseK-18 -- but we warn you that the internet cafe we found this video at had no sound -- so we have no idea if the people on the video are saying they are having the time of their lives or that they can´t wait to get out of the place!! They seem to be smiling -- so we feel encouraged.

Unfortunately, we will be without internet access for the month -- so we look forward to reconnecting with everyone in the first few days of March. Much peace to everyone in February!

Comments

1

Journey well old friend; may you open up and find many more of life's gems through your ever-changing eyes...keep these gems close, so that they don't later end up relinquished to the dusty corners of your display cabinet. Save a place in your center for all that you are experiencing, keep your feet dry, and most of all, have fun! Many travel with you by broadcasting their good vibes back to you. I hear that they are soon to build this functionality into Blackberrys, ah wireless technology :)

  Anonymojo Feb 3, 2009 9:10 AM

2

I finally have this blog address thanks to Jake. Greetings Ivan and Miral! Upon a quick review of the website, it seems that your journeys are amazing. Just a quick note to say that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

bjo

  bjo Feb 18, 2009 6:48 AM

3

Ivan & Miral, the descriptions of your travels are amazing! I am pleased we are all able to keep up with your journey. Stay safe and be well. JGV

  Jorge Feb 23, 2009 3:27 AM

About ivan_miral

seahawks - caw!caw!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.