Existing Member?

Dust thou art

Help me I'm a big green alien

VIETNAM | Saturday, 3 May 2008 | Views [534]

SO i get to hanoi airport, the driver that's supposed to pick me up never shows, i pass an english-looking fat guy who looks as though he's tripping on crystal meth with his fly undone while a bunch of 12 yr old looking guys are trying to get me onto their motorbikes and i'm thinking where the F am i. I get into a 'licensed' taxi which i book from the airport services, i thought this would be safe but when two guys got in then took me to a random street where another guy comes to my window who they just called on their mobile  to try to make me go to another hotel i get kind of pis*ed, i end up with my 70 litre rucksack on my back, another rucksack on my front with a guy on a little scooter who's half the size of me but he turns out to be the safest guy i've met so far.

i say help me i'm a big green alien because it's almost like people don't see you they just see a big pile of US dollars, and i get it, i get that this is a very poor country but i don't appreciate being screwed over, it just makes you feel like you need to watch your ass all the time, especially as a lone female, which sounds unlike me, it'll get better when i meet with the nuns on sunday, people don't mess with monastics in this country.

anyhoo - today has been better, then again i am completely high on two very strong viet-style coffees from a nice old lady who opens the front of her house to give people coffee for around 20 US cents.

About isla-morris


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.