Existing Member?

All in a lifetime's work.

Ch - ch - changes

USA | Tuesday, 25 September 2012 | Views [286]

My uncharacteristically busy week came to an end with a very enjoyable trip to NY. I was so happy to see as many people as I did and am thankful for everyone being so willing to work with my schedule and travel needs.

In the weeks since my trip to NY, the biggest news in my life surrounds work. There have been many conversations going back and forth regarding the possibility of a permanent position for me in the Finance department with my ADs. The final ruling is that I need my MBA 100% complete, no questions about it, before I can consider joining the department full time. Initially, it was heart breaking news for me to hear, especially after having all but a written agreement surrounding the fact that I would be able to be hired in January at the start of my MBA. However, after some time to mull over the decision, I realized that it was my ticket to freedom. I now have the freedom to pick up and relocate anywhere I want, whenever I want and not have to wait on anyone else (well, within reason).

Since then, I have found two positions within the company that pique my interest. The first being a Network Analyst, consisting of virtually identical work as in the Finance department in Chicagoland with the main exception being that I already fulfill their requirements with undergrad degree. The second position is a retail supervisor position back in Syracuse. I applied for both positions knowing that it is a far shot for either with the amount of anticipated applicants for each open position. So far I have heard that one of the hiring managers is interested in me and contacting my boss for feedback on my skills. I understand the ramifications of taking either position (if it is even offered to me) and am at peace with it. I am willing to get into more specifics via phone if someone wants to know more. The hiring process is either lightening fast or impossibly slow with my company so I will know sooner or later. A good lesson in patience for me!

I am at the position in life where I am trying so very hard to discern where I am supposed to be going and what I am supposed to be doing. I have set myself up with several different options so now I have to let everything unfold. I am very thankful that this coming week I will be going on retreat. I cannot wait to clear my head and get a good sense of direction about me. Please keep me in your prayers this coming week (Oct 1-6) for a successful retreat.

On a different note, J, from Korea, came to visit me for the weekend and - while exhausting - we had a blast making all sorts of goodies. We made pork dumplings, spicy tofu soup, kimbap (similar to sushi, without fish), bulgolgi, and other yummy delights. My apartment now smells like Korea if anyone is interested in know what that smells like, please feel free to stop by!

This past weekend was enjoyable because one of my friends who is a big foodie invited me downtown for a fun evening out. It was relaxing being able to speak to someone so down to earth and in a similar pivotal life change akin to myself. We´ve crossed paths several times since I´ve lived in the area but I never knew how similar our life stories were until our dinner conversation. Oh yes, and the food was incredible, too! I got to try Pork Belly for the first time. It is surprisingly delicious. At dinner, we decided that we both needed to get out again, so to celebrate what is potentially my last corporate weekend off, we are going pumpkin hunting to make pumpkin pie from scratch AND while it is cooking up, we are going to try our hands at making 100% homemade Rick Bayless style gourmet tacos (even the tortillas will be from scratch!). It should be an eventful Saturday!

Oh! I almost forgot -- I went to see the homeopath about my asthma symptoms and chronic fatigue. It was simply incredible! At the end of the two hour consultation, she got up, went to her remedy supply, gave me a tiny remedy without hardly looking up from her supplies and within 2 minutes I began to feel the effects. My lungs were open, I was alert and for the first time in years I was awake and ready to start my day (the next morning) before my alarm even went off! Needless to say, this is a complete game changer. I have been doing things I have not done in ages because I never had the energy. She made a complete believer out of me. Oh, and one of the many best parts is that I can now climb flights of stairs at a time without even being winded. I never thought I´d see that day but now it´s everyday!

Until next time!

About imatravelin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.