Existing Member?

All in a lifetime's work.

NY Bound

USA | Friday, 24 August 2012 | Views [496]

Happy Friday!

Lots on the calendar this past week and in the upcoming weeks! As you all know, I will be visiting home over Labor Day weekend. I was able to find a dirt cheap ticket so I took advantage of it. I will be helping my mother with various things for the majority of the time I am home but I will be free Sunday to visit with everyone else. I believe lunch of some sort is in order after mass with my mom´s side of the family and then I´ll be going up to the cottages to visit with my dad and that side of the family if folks are still around. I am looking forward to visiting with everyone!!

I recently cut my hair. Not to worry, it´s not an accidental diagonal mohawk! It is just past my chin. I really enjoy it because my headaches have stopped since my hair does not weigh so much anymore.

After a conversation with one of the Finance ADs this week, I think I may have secured a permanent position within the department! I say "think" because it will be interim until January and then she will officially offer me a full time position once I am offically enrolled in classes for my MBA. She even gave me a pair of Cubs tickets for this weekend. This has given me the green light to start seeking out other opportunities to commit myself to on a regular basis to get to know more people. I am in the process of applying as a swim instructor at a local swim school. It will only be a night or two a week but it will get me out and interacting with people more. I have an interview this week for it. I am looking forward to it. The only potential reason why I might not get it is because of my occasional vacation, like the one I already have planned in October. They seem pretty flexible with me as they are already offering me an adjusted schedule due to my full time job.

I have my bike at my place now. I love it because I have been going for bike rides every night it is not too hot out. I am even tempted to ride it to the grocery store. I mapped it out and the grocery store is about 3 miles away so it will be a good work out! I am thinking that next year I will invest in a bike rack for my car so that I can more easily take my bike to forrest preserves and the like.

More adventures to come! Until next time!

About imatravelin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.