Existing Member?

All in a lifetime's work.

Cooking kick.

USA | Saturday, 28 January 2012 | Views [521]

One of my resolutions for this year has been to cook more meals at home. It has been hit or miss this year due to traveling and long hours at work but I have really been digging deep to work hard to keep my resolution. I made a few dishes this week that I am particularly proud of and want to share with you!

First, I made spicy peanut pork. There were some left overs that I have been gobbling right up! P and his coworkers thought I was trying to pass off a photo I took at a restaurant as my work when I sent him a photo of my dish. So I get the awesome "challenge" of making it for him one of these nights. Check out the spicy peanut pork below or in my album "Chicago Pixelated."

I then made homemade spiced coconut cranberry granola. MMMM MMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM is it delicious!! (The photo was taken before I added the dried cranberries)

And to round out my cooking extravaganza this week, I made coconut curry shrimp with white rice on Friday evening. It could use a more powerful kick but overall, quite good!

Rumor has it that P and I are going to make Auntie Annie pretzels at home AAANNND more homemade pumpkin pie/cookies to finish off the pumpkin pulp (flesh?) that we froze from when we made the pimpkin pie in November. I am pumped!!

The other rumor whispered in my ear is that I will hear back next week on the interview for the new finance job from December. I am praying so hard that it comes back in my favor! But, whatever happens, I will get my big break sooner or later. It sounds as though I have enough people far enough up in the chain behind me.

The location that I am working at currently is not closing at the end of January as originally anticipated.  The date got pushed back to February 14th. I am hoping that either we can have everything wrapped up before close that day or the closing date gets pushed back again because it is looking like I (we all - those working to close the location) might be there through late the 14th and therefore would all have to cancel plans with significant others that night.

Until next time!

About imatravelin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.