Existing Member?

All in a lifetime's work.

A random Monday evening.

USA | Monday, 23 January 2012 | Views [306]

I swung by the book store on my way home from work in hopes of finding a gift for someone. Since college, me plus an open bookstore equals disaster on my wallet. I was able to escape with the gift I intended to find plus only one other book in hand. I found a cookbook! Not just any cookbook, but a one dish wonder cookbook that uses real (ie, fresh) ingredients and is a pleasant combination of hometown and foreign-hometown simple, solid, satisfying meals. Tomorrow, I will round out my working "day off" with a nice fresh pan of spicy peanut porkchops and a granola recipe to mix with yogurt that I found online tonight. I cannot wait!!

While sprawled out on my living room floor (where I now have room again because P helped me remove my massive Christmas tree!) with my new cookbook and laptop in hand figuring out what meals I will cook for the remainder of the week, I kept hearing an eerie scratching noise. At first I dismissed it, thinking it was the annoyingly amusing neighbor´s kid. The noise persisted. Even the annoyingly amusing neighbor´s kid retreats after a difinitive period of time. I discover that this noise is coming from my bathroom. I mosey on over only to find that Freckles had opened my vanity cabinet, climbed up to the top shelf and was digging out a pleasant pile of Q-TIPS! Mind you, my cabinet shelves are maybe 3 inches wide and go almost 4 feet above the sink. She is one persisent kitty and by "kitty" I mean almost 9 year old cat. Turns out, she must have been doing this all day because she had a pile of Q-tips surrounding my kitchen table and all through my bedroom. Apparently I need to make more catnip toys and better hide the Q-tips!

On a completely separate note, I am trying to get some time off from work for a long weekend home over Easter. What is everyone in NY doing that weekend? (Sunday, April 8th)

About imatravelin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.