Existing Member?

All in a lifetime's work.

Hello, again

USA | Monday, 27 June 2011 | Views [198] | Comments [1]

As I recently approached my one year anniversary in corporate america, I have taken a significant amount of time to reflect on my experiences. I have certainly gone through the growing pains of a new job and adjusting to a new life style. All things considered, my teeth are sharper, skin a little thicker and sights set more firmly than ever on what best suits me best in my professional endeavors.

I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason in life. Not a single moment passes someone by without finite reason. Working in a customer facing venue has awakened that sense of pertinence more than ever before. Listening to the stories of those I encounter daily, abruptly rattles my perspective to a humble appreciation. These stories are as vast as the colors of a painter's pallet from stories of incestual rape at 13 to moment by moment recounts from the conductor of the Amtrack train crash in Nevada to little Timmy getting his first report card of straight As or memories of filling boxes with rocks to place under the Christmas tree to throw off a suspecting soon-to-be fiance. I am unsure why people confide in me what they do, given that they barely know my first name, but I will gladly listen if it helps them get through their day more easily. Circling back, these experiences will be beneficial to me, if not already, and I am eager to find out how.

Several months ago, I moved into my own one bedroom apartment and am relishing in the wonders that are a place of your own!

I hit the jackpot and had this past Sunday off. I decided to have a lazy stroll through downtown after church and it was wonderful. A lazy Sunday filled with street food, strolling the streets, people watching and fantastic conversations is one of the best ways to pass a Sunday. I have two Sundays in July off and look forward to doing the same then, too!

Among many of the mid-year resolutions I am acquiring, keeping in regular contact with those around the globe via my blog is among my top priorities. Until next time!

Comments

1

People can decide in a matter of seconds weather you see them as a person or 'another customer' . It's amazing how people open up when they see a genuine smile, not a 'what kind of data plan can I get you on today' smile. Those are some crazy stories though

  Thom Jun 28, 2011 2:49 PM

About imatravelin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.