Existing Member?

All in a lifetime's work.

7 days and I´m abroad again!!

USA | Wednesday, 8 September 2010 | Views [227]

To me, there´s not a more comfortable feeling in the world than being entirely out of my comfort zone abroad. The exhilaration of choreographing a trip packed so tightly that to anyone but a traveler seems unhumanly possible to perform and then scrambling to assure that everything goes off without a hitch when there are hitches around every corner feels absolutely incredible. And I get to do that in 7 days! :0D

To say that I am excited to go to Korea is a bit of an understatement. Not only will I be visiting a dear friend of mine from college, but late last night I found out that a friend from Spain is living on the southern most Korean island - Jeju Do (Jeh-joo-dough). She invited me to visit the island and spend a few nights with her. It´s not official yet, but I am trying to swing the possibility of arriving at 5:30am in Korea after my 14 hour flight, drop my bags off at my friend´s house, and then sprint to the airport on the other side of the Seoul (Sole) (it´s the Korean equivalent of NYC) to catch my flight to JejuDo at 11am. Is it possible? I hope so!

I have lots of activities planned for my stay in Korea. I, of course, want to explore the big city and all of its markets. I want to visit the Olympic Park, bike along the river, visit a ceramics village, hike through the mountains at the national park, go to a Korean spa, Korean theatre, and then visit some temples and palaces. Oh, and I will be there for their national holiday similar to US Thanksgiving so I will be able to take part in some of those activities!

The best part about having friends abroad? Planning my next trip abroad is easy! I just go visit them :0) Over the next few years I plan on visiting England/Finland and then Spain/Dubai. But, those trips are a bit off in the future. Korea is only 7 days away! I´ll be gone 9/16-9/25. I´m not sure if I will be able to write until I get back. Take care and I can´t wait to share pictures and stories!

About imatravelin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.