Existing Member?

Beamish and me wales, England, Scotland, Wales

BOOM BOOM!

FRANCE | Monday, 16 June 2014 | Views [264]

They do a good thunderstorm here, the other day down in Perpignan local temp had it at 39.5 here only 36, but the thunder rumbled for a good 4 hours, shame it wasn't night to see the lightening. But very little rain -drops the size of pennies but not enough tso join up the dots, odd grumble since but the temps are back to low 20's. It's been a bit quiet here .  A

s I said most of those staying are  the 3 week curists, and short stays are filled through booking. com, but they evidently cancelled all potential bookings for here when told not to make any for July and August!  But the system is up and running again so much so that I'll be kicked out of my appartment next weekend due to a full house!.The French tourists have an odd way, they pay extra for linen, but that only means sheets and towels-so the duvet covers and pillow cases still need washing, the curists are also supposed to clean after themselves, but it's amazing how much dirt is left after they've been pushing a mop around for an hour. Some have even forgotten to wash their cutlery-before going back in the drawer- and so far dna evidence has been found in every appartment after it has been cleaned, they do take their rubbish away though. I've come to the conclusionthat this curist lark is a fiddle. La Preste is known for it's 'cures 'for urinary problems, a lady last week has been comming for 30 years! Her husband walks the hills each day- So it's like a government sponsored holiday to remote regions without any other income. My current neighbour has come for joint pain- went on a 4 hour hike on the first week, and out horse riding today.... not ideal for someone with bad joints!  Wonder if the NHS  would cough up, as treatment anywhere is supposed to be an option now?.?

About imaoptimist


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.