Existing Member?

Beamish and me wales, England, Scotland, Wales

Last laps

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 21 April 2014 | Views [118]

Keeping in Yorkshire, Headed for Harrogate and a cooked breakfast to spoil myself, Noticed sea scout bands tuning up and signs saying roads would be closed from 10:30 so after refuelling headed west again towards Skipton which was just as posh and a lovely drive, Noticed lots of potential stopovers so stayed in the area around Ilkley, content to watch all the energetic folk heading up to the moor. For my last sleep in the van I found one of these laybys with Pheasants stutting their stuff again.The layby was shared with another camper van and I had a A good nights sleep before heading for Nostell Priory near Doncaster. This meant negociating Leeds city centre and I was very glad it was 09:00 on a Sunday morning, roads converging and crossing in tunnels is not one of my ideas of stress free driving, but made it unscathed. Only thing post code for the house wasn't recognised and ended up at the Hepworth colledtion! . The Priory turned out to be one of the places I thought well work visiting, lots of Adam work and Chippendale, with a good history to the house. Although the house opened at 1pm,  there were guided tours on a first come first derved basis, and being lucky enough to get on one it made all the difference. The grounds were nothing dramatic but they have a craft fair going as well. With the first spits of rain for the past week headed back to sheffield,a hot shower and a real bed,with the hopes that my sister can make sense of the attempts to add photos.

About imaoptimist


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.