Existing Member?

Beamish and me wales, England, Scotland, Wales

No Nessie

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 14 April 2014 | Views [122]

A quick tour of Tescos Inverness and told I needed the other Tesco inverness for what I needed. The start of the slide. Parked up at the side of Lough Ness for  a two sleeping bag night  then decided I should be on the other side of the loch or I would be back in Fort William!. Back to inverness and seeing the rolling hills decided the cairngorms were nice and friendly -headed over. Several roads unsuitable for those of nervous disposition, steep downhills with chicanes especially around Brown something. Not enough snow for skiers but still hanging on in the skirt frills. Lower down the heather burning has left a nice patchwork effect on the slopes, I must admit when it all turns purple it would be spectacular.  Then headed for Aberdeen and took so long to get into the city didn't hang about and took and equally long time to get out!! Heading south so less chance for northern lights now even though the nights are clearer.

  I havent got my diary with me and the days are somewhat mixed but stopped at the house of Dun and had a personal tour, fantastic plasterwork in one room  and house otherwise ok , the up to Iveruerie when I last updated. Thought a tour of the castles would be good so up to Fyvie- shut on Fridays!! went to Crathes got in there but you can only see so many castles...

About imaoptimist


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.