Existing Member?

Beamish and me wales, England, Scotland, Wales

Over the sea to Skye

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 11 April 2014 | Views [127]

Wasn't planning this but the weather still not so great so got the ferry from Mallaig ... Not my scenery  so empty and not green, heather moorland or mountains and rain. Stopped for a cuppa in  what i thought was a reasonably sheltered spot..along came a shower and the van rocked. Kept looking for an overnighter then that was more sheltered. First time coming across A roads with passing places as well. weather got slighly better but declined treking up to the OLd Man of Storr when the rain came back. Next day it was back to the mainland a visit to Plockton where they made Hamish Macbeth .  Once again I chickened out and decided that i was of too nervous disposition to face the road to Applecross- View hampered by the mist anyhow. But even the mist can't stop the clostraphobic feeling of th BIG BENs- This scenery is not for me  Decided it was time i washed some clothes so off to a camp site for the night at Kinlochewe. I can understand why the camping club is a good idea now- 1/2 price sites so 5 nights and membership paid  back!

About imaoptimist


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.