Existing Member?

Beamish and me wales, England, Scotland, Wales

Cultural day

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 11 April 2014 | Views [140]

,Left Portling- home of a 'grand design' known locally as the toilet block and headed up the scenic route to  Ayr -  to Culzean castle  abosolutely beautiful setting on the cliffs amd gorgeous gardens overnighted in a quiet lay by and then went for 2 of the NtS 5 * attractions, the burns  museum in Ayr - nice and the rural life museum at east Kilbride- nice. Headed then to old Stobbie where I trained- all changed and Springburns old flats demolished andreplaced with new- flats.. what else. A quick detour to the Red road where the nurses home was from floor 20 - 50 or something like that, I had only visited not lived there. It's demolishion is to be part of the opening of the Commonwealth games!  The Rennie mackintosh house in  Helensborough was one of the places I wanted to go and was shut when i got there so parked up on the loughside in a one tree layby with a commerative bench...At 8pm had a visit from the cops and asked to move on as I was overlooking the naval base..oops They directed me to a nice car park  with a view or would have if the mist hadn't been so thick.

About imaoptimist


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.