Existing Member?

Packedin I've packedin and living the world.

Packedin Rainbow Beach

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 18 October 2008 | Views [759]

Rainbow Beach

Rainbow Beach is a good gateway to the Fraser Island trips that most backpackers and travellers will want to experience. Rainbow Beach is a very compact little town that has great beaches and a Sunset on a sand dune to die for. The Greyhound drops you outside the main hostels in this petite town that service the Fraser island trips. Lines of 4x4’s sit in the car park behind the Dingos hostel awaiting their eleven backpackers who will be taking ownership of them the following morning.

The hostel is a great place to meet people as everyone is there for the same reasons as you so it makes it easier for people to get along and have a chat as they all have something in common.  The Kitchen was a bit cramped which made it quite difficult to cook for yourself, which made the cheap hostel meals seem more appealing than the actual taste.

The day before my Fraser Island trip I met the group I would be sharing three days and two nights with. It was so surprising how many people had booked the trip and didn’t realise that it was a camping trip, a lot, I think, thought that they would be staying in hostels.  I can’t believe that people still seem to not ask any questions when booking trips and tours and it doesn’t say much for the tour operators selling them either.

After watching a brief video of the fore coming trip and learning how folding arms and hiding your nipples has the effect of being able to scare off the wild dingos that inhabit the island,  I don’t think so, the room came alive with excited backpackers planning their trip together in groups.

Tags: beach, iainob1, packedin, rainbow beach

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.