Existing Member?

Iain and Jo

Cooking without heat

CHILE | Friday, 1 May 2009 | Views [1498] | Comments [2]

Gonzalo from Cafe Vinilo, taught us some Chilean dishes that we're looking forward to showing off when we get home.

Gonzalo from Cafe Vinilo, taught us some Chilean dishes that we're looking forward to showing off when we get home.

In Santiago, Chile now, after a few days in Valparaiso. We hadn't really expected so much of this trip to be about food (and we keep hearing that it's not great in Bolivia and Peru), but we've had some amazing stuff so far. The food was so good in Valparaiso that we went looking for a cooking class. 

When the class finished, we realised that we hadn't used any heat at all. We made a salad of raw onions and tomatoes, then a Chilean Ceviche (raw fish 'cooked' in lemon juice and mixed with herbs) and Pisco Sour (a very popular cocktail over here, similar to tequila with lemon juice, but tastier than it sounds. 

... and we don't have swine flu, but thanks to everybody who's written to warn us. It's great to know that something like that can't sneak up on us without hearing about it first, but please don't worry - I'm sure we'll be fine.

Tags: valparaiso cafe vinilo ceviche

 

Comments

1

Loving the fact that i get to arm chair travel with mates.
Have fun
x

  rick m May 4, 2009 10:49 AM

2

Simmy / Jo,

I hate to be the one to tell you this but... nothing - that's what you're missing! Lov'n the updates, its awesome. Keep 'em coming (please).

Keep safe guys.

Lots of love

Tom

  Tom Harper May 5, 2009 8:22 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.