Existing Member?

Hunter Valley Crew outback tours

Day 6

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 29 April 2011 | Views [219]

This morning was washing morning and sorting out the problems we encountered the previous day. Al bought 5 new tyres as the ones installed on his truck turned out to be the in correct ones. Too small apparently. I managed to find some old retired glazier to make up a cardboard rear window. It works but I’ll need to sort it in Alice. Hopefully there will be an ARB there as there isn’t one in Coober. We all then had lunch and then went our separate ways to do a bit of local sight seeing. We joined up again about 15.30 and headed off to see the Breakaways. (Mountains) and then have a quick look at the dog fence. Apparently it stretches from Surfers in QLD all the way to Bight, near WA. Built to protect the cattle from Dingoes. It was then a quick look at an area that is suppose to replicate the moon’s surface before heading back to Coober for another sunset. Myself and Rita were booked into the underground motel which turned out to be not so much under the ground but more into the hill. At least we’ll be refreshed for tomorrow’s journey to Uluru. About 750 Kms. fortunately it is all on tarmac roads.

About hvc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.