Existing Member?

Hunter Valley Crew outback tours

Day 5

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 28 April 2011 | Views [246]

Up at 06.15 to catch the sunrise over Lake Eyre. Breakfast then change the tyre on Al’s truck. Turned out to be more dramatic than it should have been. We plugged up the two punctured tyres but when putting on the wheel, the jack shifted in the sand and the truck fell off the jack. Fortunately no injuries were sustained. We re-grouped and got the tyre changed, packed up, cleaned up the glass from my shattered glass door and set off for Coober Pedy. About 30 minutes into the journey Al was on the radio saying the repaired tyre was now going flat again. So again all hands on deck to get it changed over as this time we had to get the spare off the roof rack. Once sorted it was off to William Creek for a short break. It was here that Elaine realized that during the commotion of changing the tyre, when Bob managed to cut his heel, she had placed her camera on the bumper of their truck in order to assist with administering first aid to Bob’s heel, she forgot to retrieve the said camera and it was probably in the dirt somewhere. We all agreed they should go back and see if they could find it. This turned out to be a fruitless task but had to be worth a try. They left messages around and about in the hope someone may of picked it up. We then had an ice cream and carried on to Coober Pedy without any more hiccups. Arrived about 17.15 and 246 Kms. Every one seemed a bit tired so went to bed a little earlier than normal except myself and Bob. We had an extra couple of glasses of the old vino calypso rouge.

 

About hvc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.