Existing Member?

Hunter Valley Crew outback tours

Day 4

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 28 April 2011 | Views [252]

Today we planned to make William Creek, about 450 Kms. We left Iga Warta and stopped off at Copely for a pie and coffee. It was then back on the road with a fuel stop at Marree. After popping into the Information place at Marree, we all decided to forget making it to William Creek and go for Harrigans Bay on the banks of Lake Eyre.So back on the road again with a 20 minute stop off at Farina. Farina used to be a town in the outback but now ceases to exist. It lies in ruins. So it was pickie time and then back on the road again. Then a quick pikkie stop at Lake Eyre south before carrying on to Lake Eyre North. Then about 1600 the first disaster occurred. Al managed to get a puncture. So it was all hands on deck to get it swapped over as time was getting the better of us. Once the tyre was changed we were back on the road again. We made it to Lake Eyre about 1830 and 438 Kms later, just in time to get some pictures of the sun setting. We set up camp and relaxed for the night. Then Al noticed the spare tyre that we put on was flat. A problem that would be sorted in the morning as tomorrow’s journey was only about 250 Kms, so no need to rush.

Then as we were closing up to go to bed I closed the rear window on my truck’s canopy and it suddenly shattered. Not good. Hopefully Coober Pedy will have an ARB.

 

About hvc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.