Existing Member?

thelongandwindingblog

real life (rose)

EGYPT | Monday, 1 November 2010 | Views [1129] | Comments [4]

Dahab has sucked us in. Life here has become 'normal' as normal can be, though to be honest, like living in Brighton, 'normal' feels a bit like living one big holiday. We still have the luxury of not having a routine - of course that makes me slightly crave one. That hasn't meant we haven't been working hard, and there's lots more in the pipeline for us both too. This week, Huw has been happily swamped in work (always either drought or flood for him, the curse of being freelance) with deadlines looming, but money trickling in. Since my parents left, I've been taking care of the ridiculously charming Isaac, a five year old with Autism and dyspraxia. Tonight I played the role of acting manager at Chillax restaurant, an experience which, despite the joy on every customer's face when when saw their food arrive and their gushing comments as they each left, succeeded in quashing my previously romantic notions of owning and running my own restaurant some day.

We've been playing hard too: more and more yoga for me, a night dive together (my first, since and aborted attempt in Sharm due to excruciating ear pain) and plenty of hilarious nights at the Furry Cup, both sides of the bar.

I had a very special time with mum and dad when they visited. We achieved the perfect mix of activity (exhausting treks through stunning canyons, snorkelling, cycling, yoga and chi-gong classes, off-road drive in our neglected truck and BBQ in the mountains) and relative inactivity (talking, laughing, crying, eating). Dad was only out for four days, the same as Nicola, and as was the case with her it didn't feel nearly long enough, though of course incomparably better than nothing. And mum and I had 10 days together: those on facebook (is anyone NOT?) can see some pictures here.

Tomorrow I'm off into the wilderness for a three day yoga/meditation camel safari with my friends from El Salam Camp (life sucks) and we're ready for our next visitors: Huw's parents arrive early on Tuesday morning.

More soon, and will put more Dahab/Sinai photos up too, but for now here's me last week, outside our apartment with its very pretty door:

Comments

1

Green with envy again :). Glad you both enjoying life there still. Didnt know you could do Tai Chi there, where abouts? x

  Jacqui Nov 11, 2010 8:06 PM

2

PS The facebook link doesn't seem to do anything

  Jacqui Nov 11, 2010 8:07 PM

3

It was chi gong, similar to tai chi I believe - you can do it Friday nights at El Salam camp and also at Desert Divers I think. Just tried the facebook link and worked for me. Maybe as you're not 'friends' with my mum?! Some recent pics also in this facebook album:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=579262&id=549545610&l=123f9b05b3
x

  rosie Nov 11, 2010 9:03 PM

4

Hi Rose. Glad you are enjoying your tip
John

  John A|MEX Dec 7, 2010 8:02 PM

About huw-and-rose


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Egypt

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.