Existing Member?

The Great Trek

Home Sweet Home - The Land of the Long White Cloud!

NEW ZEALAND | Saturday, 23 May 2009 | Views [836] | Comments [3]

Well, this is it!  We're here and this is our home now...feels really weird!  Every other time we've been here before it's been a holiday and we've known that we go back to the life we know back home...not this time!! 

It was absolutely lovely to see Mum & Dad and Grandad again, it makes things a lot more bearable with them around us.  They give us loads of morale support and give us the pep-talks we need to pll our finger out and get sorted!  We haven't worked for 5 months and I admit to being a bit nervous at the thought of going back into the 'real' world!

There's so much to get sorted but we're taking each day as it comes, there have been a few wobbly moments and I'm sure there will be more to come but we have to let time do it's thing.  We have this amazing opportunity and we have to make it work, so we'll give it our best shot!

We miss everyone and our old way of life so much: Me and my gym friends, Jay and his lads' nights at The Hop Pole', our nearest and dearest family, bank holidays with Steph & Co, work (yes really!), Mr Rice Kebab shop, Ann & Bill's warm homely house, all our friends...the list is endless!!  Please keep in touch with us, we're still part of your lives as much as you're all a part of ours.  Just because you can't see us as much, we're still here and want to be a involved so keep us posted on all the gossip!!

Lots of love

Licci & Jay

xx

Comments

1

hi guys.......
so pleased that you are settled at your new home, enjoy!!!!!!
how nice no work for 5months that will be a shock when you do both get some work.......
keep us posted and send some pics of you all.
no gossip!!!!!!!!!!!sorry.......
jennie shayne and tillie xxx

  jennie shayne and tillie May 24, 2009 12:36 AM

2

Hya !!! All these months I have been reading this blog and followed your adventures as you went along.
I am sure you guys will make a wonderful life in New Zealand and one of these days, when dear son gets into his own fully grown boots, we will be able to travel again (hopefully we have not gone completely bonkers by then)and may even land at your end of the world.

Until then...

Big handshakes and waves from Bonnie Scotland (we are having the first hot summer in years.. and it is brilliant ! Weeks of sunny warm weather.. electric blanket replaced by fans in every room of the house .. who would have thought that !)

Chris

  Chris Pellow (BT.. you know... work.. still here!) Jul 11, 2009 10:33 PM

3

Hiya guyz.

Hope your having a good time. Im missing you!

Just to let you know that for some reason I can't get onto my ncc talktalk email and lost your emails again so could you please email me at molly_09@talktalk.net instead. Hope to see you soon...

Molly. x

  Molly Sep 27, 2009 7:44 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.