Existing Member?

The Great Trek

All good things come to an end! The end of our Thai adventure

THAILAND | Sunday, 19 April 2009 | Views [501]

Hi Everyone

We last wrote when we were in Koh PhaNgan having made some great friends and partied hard! 

Our next stop was Koh Samui which we found to be a little disappointing at first, it was expensive, full of tourists, not very Thai at all...having said that we were staying in Chaweng which is the backpackers hang out.  Maybe later in life when we can afford to go in style we'll venture to more exotic parts of Thailand!

Then we were thrilled to catch up with our friends: Ruth Thompson, Clare Gilly and Ruth Valentine (who we met at Morning Star on Koh Pha Ngan) so it was great to have their company again.  It rained pretty much the whole week there...so like true Brits we found an Irish bar and settled there for pretty much the whole time drowning our feet in the puddles around us.

Another camera incident, Licci left it on the back seat of a cab (doh!) and so that pi**ed us right off!  It kinda dampened the mood (if it wasn't soaking wet already wet the rain!).

The girls made their way home and we were on our own again missing the good times we had with them.  Soon it was our turn to leave this beautiful country, but not before we had one of the best meals of our trip so far.  Licci had a stinking cold and lets just say the heat off this Thai curry soon bloew it away!  My God that was hot, had to sink 3 or 4 Singha's just to cool down - fortunately we were walking (stumbling) distance from the hotel!

So that ends our Thai trip...we loved every minute and would recommend it to anyone, the people are so friendly and humble.  They have a great sense of humour and give you the time of day to do your own thing, rather than pushing you around into their shops or restaurants.  We give Thailand 10 out of 10!

Onto Singapore!

Licci & Jay

xx

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.