Existing Member?

The Great Trek

Fabulous Phuket!

THAILAND | Saturday, 14 March 2009 | Views [539]

Hi Guys

We arrived in Thailand on Tuesday morning (10th March) and the relief was instantaneous!  This place is so beautiful and so too are the people.  It's lovely to be able to walk down the road and not have someone crying on your arm to go into their shop!  It's so relaxing, peaceful and friendly, completely different to India!

We took a day tour to James Bond island for our anniversary which was a brilliant experience.  Not only did we visit the island but also paddled around the other islands and caves near by, had a great lunch on board the boat and took a dip in the lukewarm sea. 

The next day we met an Australian couple (Michael and Jamiee) who were on their honeymoon, we all decided to try and catch a Thai boxing fight but ended up in an Aussie bar where the drinks flowed freely!  For novalty reasons only (!) we thought when in Rome...we have to go and see a Ping Pong show!  Well, it's totally overrated and quite boring, once you've seen one you've seen them all!  Some girls looked like they really didn't want to be there at all, we felt quite sorry for them to be honest.  It's not for the faint hearted though, a couple of times Licci blurted out "how the hell?..." but after 10 minutes we'd had enough!

We've moved onto a little backpackers in Karon which is run by a lovely young family, they're little girl is caled Alicia too!  It feels very much like Mufasa's in South Africa so we instantly felt really relaxed and at home!

We've put some pictures on now so happy viewing.  We're pleased to tell you that we're much happier, healthier and lovin' the trip once more!  Still missing family and friends.

Lots of love

Licci & Jay

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.