Existing Member?

The Great Trek

Leaving Day

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 15 January 2009 | Views [376] | Comments [5]

Well, the time has finally come for us to leave these green and damp lands and fly off to sunny (we hope) Jo'Burg.

The goodbyes are done and dusted, the backpacks are ready and Licci has a fantastic new haircut!!!!!

We fly out from Heathrow and have a short stopover in Athens before reaching our first destination. So this time tomorrow, we will be having a beer by the pool (not technically slumming it but you have to ease yourself in slowly)!!!!!!

Comments

1

So sad, its thurs 15th 16.54pm and have a lumpy throat and a twinge of excitement and happness for you both [more lumpy right now] : ) Good luck and look forward to reading about your shared travels. Lots of love to you both,

  G W A Jan 16, 2009 3:49 AM

2

Hi Licci and Jay.
I hope that you have a great time on your travels, keep in touch and I'll keep looking at your blog and my e.mail.

Hope to see you soon.

  Molly Jan 17, 2009 8:49 PM

3

Hi Folks!
So far, so good.
Licci - I love the new haircut. I thought it looked a bit shorter in the pic you text me when you flew out last Thurs. Alan says "what is it about birds and cutting their hair short after they get married?"
I told him that "it's called change, darling. Try it sometime." lol Plus I thought it ritch coming from a man who once sported a "Tony Curtis" style do!

We love and miss you loads. Keep the blog updates coming as we love hearing how you are.

XXXX

  Amanda, Alan, Ewan and Cameron Jan 20, 2009 9:40 AM

4

Hi Licci and Jay.

Great to hear from you! I'm glad that your having a good time.

Hope to see you soon but I think it will be a long time till I do.

  Molly Jan 21, 2009 3:15 AM

5

Hi guys,
hope that you are having a fantastic time and that your enjoying yourselves. I hope to hear from you soon,
Lots of Love,
Ben Chaddy.

  Ben Chadwick Jan 23, 2009 2:44 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.