Existing Member?

PERUVIAN FASHION ADVENTURES

ESCAPE FROM SAN BORJA CLINIC

PERU | Monday, 14 May 2012 | Views [617]

I am pretty sure it was all the extra oxygen that went to my brain during my first hyperbaric oxygen treatment a few days ago (a pressurized oxygen chamber that delivers a drastic increase in oxygen which helps to speed up the healing process),

because when I got back to the hospital and took an afternoon nap, I had a most interesting dream…one that I remember quite vividly…..here’s the recap… 


(Note to all Parents: It's a bit of an adult themed dream at parts....oh, and Happy Mother's Day!)

In my dream, I was having a particularly frustrating day in the hospital and was quite unhappy.  I somehow decided to escape from the clinic without telling anyone, but only to go to the bathroom….I found myself transported to a non-existent mall adjacent to the San Borja Clinic, which is the name of the hospital where I have been held captive the past couple weeks.  Upon finding the bathroom and looking in the mirror, I realized I had somehow dragged my IV drip with me and had some other various medical accessories in my hands, too.  As I left the bathroom in the mall, I realized I did not know how to get back to the clinic…

With a mixture of fear and excitement, I knew I had to find my way back.  The challenge was that I had no crutches and also had all the medical apparatus in tow, which seemed very important not to lose, or I’d risk compromising my recovery.  I was able to walk well, which was great, but I remember feeling concerned that I was putting too much weight, too soon, on my broken foot.

I ended up walking by an upscale Asian bathhouse where some sort of bisexual hot tub  porn orgy situation was happening, which I found quite bizarre, yet amusing.  Then I ended up knocking on a hotel or apartment door (still part of the mall), to get directions to the elevator back to the clinic.  I entered into this hotel room and a rather voluptuous and very friendly woman was on the bed.  The next thing I knew, the woman’s roommate, seemingly out of nowhere, popped out of the bathroom with a cartwheel over the bed while taking her top off.  It was immediately clear that these two Eastern European vixens were strippers….and they wanted me. 

After I politely explained to them that I was gay, they seemed a bit disappointed, but they were totally cool about it. I then realized that under my not so fashionable hospital gown, I was wearing a one piece jumpsuit that I had designed, and I showed it to them, figuring stripper chicks would love a skin tight four way stretch onesy.  They did.  We exchanged cards and I told them that I’d love to go out dancing or something with them sometime, once my foot felt better. We said we’d hang out soon and they pointed me towards the elevator back to the hospital.

After going around in circles, about an hour later, I was still wandering the halls of the mall/sauna/hotel/apartment complex and getting worried that the hospital staff would be freaking out that I went AWOL and was still missing after a couple hours. I was also concerned that they would call my parents who undoubtedly would panic. 

I eventually made it back to my hospital room and then woke up.  Since then, I I’ve had several dreams and they always seem to be about not being in the hospital and having a hard time finding my way back.  I really can’t figure out what the symbolism is behind these dreams, but I am very happy to report that it looks like I’m going to be released from the hospital tomorrow, most likely...which will truly be a dream come true for me!!!  

 

About hissyfitfashion


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.