Existing Member?

Henrika's Fascinating Adventures

New Zealand- somewhere on the edge of Auckland

NEW ZEALAND | Wednesday, 25 April 2012 | Views [288]

The first impression of New Zealand when I arrived last Friday 20th of April: the quietness, the chilly weather and the beautilful sunset. I had booked a hostel pretty far from the city, after 2 busy weeks in Australia, I didn't want to go straight to the city. I had made it easy for myself, I got a booked transport from the airport, so no sweat trying to find my way. The hostel was very welcoming and a friendly place. It is  pretty away from the shops so I participated an optional communal dinner. You are not allowed to bring any frrd from Australia anyway.

Next morning we had a look around at the farmer's market nearby the local winery. Tried some hand made ginger beer and local wine. it is like living in the coutnryside even though we are still in Auckland. I am not rush to go visit the city as I am plannign to stick around for a few months and work in Auckland or wherever I can find a job.    

I am planning to stay at least 3 months here in New Zealand. I have a work&holiday visa so I am entitled to stay for one year working temp and casual jobs but i take this time saving a bit cash and taking a deep breath before going to south America in August. But anything can happen but I rather stay in one place for a bit longer after being on the road since February.  

I decided to stay in the hostel till Sunday 29th and then I am gonna move to hostel closer the city and WIFI.I have been looking for job oprtunities on Monday and Tuesday. Nothing has come out that yet. Today it is a national holiday so the whole country has been shut down. Not mcuh I can do today.

I don't even know what kind of jobs I really wanna do or where i wanna go, stay here in Auckland or head toward south. I try not to stress and worry too much. I guess I just should apply any job and let's see where I end up going and start experience NZ. I heard that last summer wasn't great but ever since I arrived, the weather has been lovely,  nearly the cloudless sky, deep blue sky and the hot sun but crispy air. something strange. Everybody else went to the beach yesteady, I stayed in the hostel, Wow being all by myself is is such a rare luxury there days. Tine to go out and enjoy a bit of thesunshine and have good cup of coffee. Back to the job hunting tomorrow. realiscally it can take a few weeks but by the second week of May I should be in my new job, righ? :-)         

About henrika_traveller


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.