Existing Member?

Henrika's Fascinating Adventures

Tasmania&Sydney

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 19 April 2012 | Views [253]

The last night in Australia. Haven't been updating the blog lately, I am with a friend here so I prefer to spend less time onlin. I've been in Sydney since last Saturday after a quick visit to Tasmania.  It's time to leave Oz for Nz. Tasmania was amazing when it comes to landscape. It was fresh and crispy there and I was really lucky weatherwise. A few days of sunshine from the cloudless sky. Unfortunately I didn't have that much time there. 2 night in Hobert, a day trip to Port Arthur, a work camp for Irish and English for stealing a slice of bread. One night in Launceston,everything closes really early so I didn't get time to see the city. I could have stayed longer but I didn't fancy changing the flights. 

I arrived in Sydney on Saturday, staying with a friend I made in Melbourne. Good to get away from  a hostel dorm and stay in real apartment. I was  guided around the ciry, the harbour bridge, opera house, the rocks etc. I am not a great fan of zoos but the one here was worth seeing. Nice to walk around there when it was such a lovely day.

The blue mountains is a must see and only about 2 hours by train from Cenral Sydney. But this time I was out of luck, the weather was awful. Pissing rain and the mountains were hidden in the clouds, I didn't see a thing and I spent overnight  there hoping that it clears up, it never did. The weather forecast said, possible showers. in thereality it was constant rain.

As usual time flew by. next step on my trip is to land a job. I am feeliug good about stoping for a few months to NZ to work and settle. So my next's weeks goal is to find a job :-) cannot wait

About henrika_traveller


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.