Existing Member?

Henrika's Fascinating Adventures

Still in a job hunt and getting organized

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 30 April 2012 | Views [297]

It has been a bit over week in New Zealand, Auckland and I am staying in the backpackers closer to the city. The hostel is pretty nice. It is full of Germans though but I think I can live with that, at least temporarily even if I'd prefer to listen to Spanish than German

Now I have also WIFI but it turn out to be a tiny bit impractical. I bought a day pass with 160Mb limit. The pass expired in an hour as I had exceeded the limit. Unbelivable, I didn't download any movie but apparently it was FB that used all my credit in less than an hour even though the vouncher was suppose to be valid 24 hours.  Gotta watch out. The same happened in a cafe with a free WIFI, they seem to have those annoying limits that seem to be exceeded just using internet for a nanosecond. I might be better off using internet cafes...  

I have been sending applications to different kind of customer service/call centre positions. I haven't been too active yet and no luck as of now. I guess I gotta try harder and add variety of jobs i've been applying.  Today I received a phone call from an agency but they were based on Wellington and are unable to start process if I am not there. She asked me to give a call if I decide to move there. Well, I could re-locate but I just applied for tax #, opened an bank account, left my boots to be repaired. I have to wait till next week to receive the tax #, an ATM card via mail and my boots back from a shoemaker.I am planning to stay at the backpackers and look for a job here 2 weeks from today Then I can give a go to Wellington or look something more casual and seasonal. I have got the redtape sorted out, now all I need is a job to start filling my bank account. I must point out that unlike some other coutries, opening a bank account is relatively easy here.  You don't need a utility bill or a job offer before openning an account. I like!

So my mission for the next 2 weeks will be landing a nice job and living a normal life for the next few months. Lets see how it goes but I am positive that all is gonna be allright.     

/      

About henrika_traveller


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.