Existing Member?

Henrika's Fascinating Adventures

Startingto socialize

THAILAND | Sunday, 18 March 2012 | Views [358]

No hardcore St Patrcik's day celebration for me. I had a cider and a beer on my patio. I am gonna pay a visit to Whitesand beach sooner or later and go to the Irish pub there. Too hot for Guinness but  I bet they have Irish cider. I went to the Mexican restaurant last night and got a map for this island.  I am still going to enjoy of being and not doing too much but  I feel like exploring and tying different things, not too much but a little bit. 

A  kind of hilarious thing happened last night. A bloke was walking arounf with a torch and passed by  my cabin and looked like as if he was looking for something.. "I lost my phone last, I was here with those to girls but I didn't have sex with them" Thanks for sharing that with me.  Most likely if you have had sex with them, I would have heard it.  A poor guy had been out of luck , no sex and he lost his phone. I talked to those loud party girls a day before. They were Italians  but spoke some sort of German dialect. Nice girls in their early  20s having a week in Thailand. They are gone now. Nights are more quiet again,  


No luck catching the mouse.  I left the bait to ensure that the mouse would have come out  (Finnish outmeal since every mouse love it) too near to the mouse hole. I heard something around 5 am and the cat jumped out of the bed to the floor but didn't cmanage to catch it. But I felt safer and slept better when I had a cat in my place.

It was a  bit different day. I have some interaction with other tourists.  I was walking out of the front door of the internet cafe and reception of my place at the same time a girl walked in and  shouted after me "where are you from" From Finland,  oh me too. I thought I recogize something familiar about you. Well done, I think. A funny thing  is that I didn't speak  a  word and I don't look exactly like a stereotype Finnish person but yes I do admit that I have some features common for Finnish people  but  you really need to take a careful look.  She asked me to come and  join her friends. They were hanging out in the bungalows near to mine. You meet people when the time is right.  It happened to me in Rishkesh India as well. 


They actually moved to another Bungalow villige on this afternoon. but  not far from mine. Those ones  really cute.  Unfortunately I didn't find there early enough. On the other hand  even though I hadn't taken my current one, I don't think I would have found my way up there. I'd had tried to find a place with a seaview not walk up the hill.  I am not too annoyed though. I am happy enough here.  Well apart from the mouse.  I spent an afternoon with  them and had a laugh. It is always good to chat with the people who are similar to you some way or other. For the rest of the afternoon  I hwaded to the baach. I was gonna go to try herbal sauna but then I saw a glimpse of a beautiful sunset and decided to have a glass of  wine in the beach restaurant to sit down to admire the sunset instead. I can walk to sauna tomorrow. I should go there earlier so I don't have to walk back when it dark, just to stay on the safe side.  Even if comparing to India, traffic her is organized. Wow  the mopeds and scooters have their lights on but still, the road is narrow... My favorite cat is not around, I gotta sleep alone tonight until the mouse comes in... Hopefully the mosquite net is enough to keep the mouse of my bed :-) 

About henrika_traveller


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.